At Medical Aesthetics of New England, we are always looking for the newest products and techniques to rejuvenate your skin. We were the first in this area to use Voluma® injectable gel, and have extensive experience with this treatment to restore cheek fullness and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Contact us today at either of our Acton or Fitchburg locations to schedule a consultation and find out more about the benefits of Voluma®.
- What is Voluma®?
An injectable gel from the Juvederm® family, Voluma® is the first and only FDA-approved dermal filler for treating age-related volume loss in the mid-face. Made of a hyaluronic acid compound that is found naturally in the body, Voluma® is injected directly into the cheek area.
Although injectable fillers use ultrafine needles, Voluma® contains lidocaine for added comfort. Once injected under the skin surface, the hyaluronic acid bonds with water, creating instant volume. The smooth gel compound looks natural and moves flexibly along with your facial expressions.
- What are the Benefits of Voluma®?
Choosing Voluma® injectable gel over other skin rejuvenation treatments has multiple benefits, such as:
- Creating a natural lift in the cheek area without surgery
- After treatment, patients often notice a subtle lift in the lower face as well, even when these areas are not injected.
- Voluma® utilizes Vycross® technology, a system of crosslinked hyaluronic acid that flows and moves easily within the skin
- The enhancing effects of Voluma® can last for up to two years, longer than any other hyaluronic acid filler currently on the market.
- Am I a Good Candidate for Voluma®?
Voluma® is safe for all skin types. As it uses a compound that is already found in your body, it also does not require any allergy testing beforehand. Those who are in generally good health and who have realistic expectations are usually approved for this treatment. Our medical team will help you determine whether Voluma® is right for you during your consultation.
- Are There Any Side Effects?
Voluma® is a safe treatment with no major side effects reported. Slight swelling, bruising or tenderness at the treatment sites are common but temporary. Any lumps or bumps that may appear on the skin can be easily massaged out afterward. All other risks or possible complications associated with this treatment will be discussed by our medical team.
Medical Aesthetics of New England today to schedule a consultation and find out how Voluma® can naturally restore your cheek fullness and create the youthful lift you’ve been looking for.